Driver dies after crashing into ditch
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
A driver has been killed in an early-morning crash, prompting a police appeal for witnesses to come forward.
A Jaguar XF was found in a ditch on the B3151 Blakeway near Fir Tree Farm, in Wedmore at about 6.45am, yesterday (Sunday) morning.
Police, fire and ambulance crews all attended but the driver died at the scene.
A silver car is thought to have stopped at the scene before the collision was reported.
The police are asking for the occupants of the car to come forward as they may have seen the Jaguar in the ditch,
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “If you can help, please call 101 and give the call handler the reference number 5219075225.”
- 1 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 2 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 3 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 4 New principal appointed at academy
- 5 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 8 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 9 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 10 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'