Teenager injured in hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a hit-and-run saw a car mount a pavement and mow down a teenager.
The 13-year-old victim was walking along Berrow Road, opposite the swimming pool in Burnham-on-Sea, at around 4pm on Wednesday.
Police believe a black Ford Fiesta mounted the pavement before hitting the teenager and driving off.
The victim was taken to hospital, but was later released having fortunately suffered only minor injuries.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has called for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We are appealing for witnesses after a collision between a car and pedestrian in which the driver failed to stop.
“Were you in the area at the time? Did you see the incident or anything that could help with our investigation?
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 3 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 PICTURES: Village Flower Show returns after Covid hiatus
- 6 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 7 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 8 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 9 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
“Anyone with information should call 101, quote reference number 5218269568 and ask to speak to PC 3569 Chapman”