Teenager injured in hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after a hit-and-run saw a car mount a pavement and mow down a teenager.
The 13-year-old victim was walking along Berrow Road, opposite the swimming pool in Burnham-on-Sea, at around 4pm on Wednesday.
Police believe a black Ford Fiesta mounted the pavement before hitting the teenager and driving off.
The victim was taken to hospital, but was later released having fortunately suffered only minor injuries.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary has called for witnesses to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “We are appealing for witnesses after a collision between a car and pedestrian in which the driver failed to stop.
“Were you in the area at the time? Did you see the incident or anything that could help with our investigation?
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
“Anyone with information should call 101, quote reference number 5218269568 and ask to speak to PC 3569 Chapman”