Police arrest 11 suspected drug dealers
- Credit: Archant
Police swooped on suspected drug dealers in Weston-super-Mare town centre.
A crackdown on the supply of class A drugs was carried out by Avon and Somerset Constabulary on Tuesday, which saw 11 suspected offenders arrested and a number of search warrants carried out.
A police spokesman said the raids were only possible thanks to the information it received from the public.
Chief Inspector Leanne Pook urged others to come forward with details.
She said: “I’d like to thank those members of the community whose information has helped us target those responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“And I’d encourage anyone who is concerned about drug-dealing or has any information to call us on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
“You can also report online at bit.ly/1pwX4Zm.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks