Police officer in critical condition following serious collision
- Credit: Google
A police officer is currently in hospital in a critical but stable condition following a serious collision.
Emergency services were called to the A38 between the East Brent roundabout and Church Lane, Badgworth, just after 1.30am on Tuesday morning, after their marked police car was involved in a one-vehicle road traffic collision.
The police dog handler, who has not been named, had to be freed by fire services and was taken to hospital by the air ambulance.
Two police dogs who were also in the vehicle, were taken straight to a veterinary hospital and checked over, but had not suffered any injuries.
Caroline Peters, Head of Tri-Force Specialist Operations, said: “Our thoughts are with our officer and his family and we’re supporting them and our colleagues through this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Road was closed for several hours while officers investigated the scene.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 4 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 5 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 6 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half