Police officer in critical condition following serious collision
- Credit: Google
A police officer is currently in hospital in a critical but stable condition following a serious collision.
Emergency services were called to the A38 between the East Brent roundabout and Church Lane, Badgworth, just after 1.30am on Tuesday morning, after their marked police car was involved in a one-vehicle road traffic collision.
The police dog handler, who has not been named, had to be freed by fire services and was taken to hospital by the air ambulance.
Two police dogs who were also in the vehicle, were taken straight to a veterinary hospital and checked over, but had not suffered any injuries.
Caroline Peters, Head of Tri-Force Specialist Operations, said: “Our thoughts are with our officer and his family and we’re supporting them and our colleagues through this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
Bristol Road was closed for several hours while officers investigated the scene.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic