Police to take no further action against men over indecency allegations
- Credit: Archant
Two men arrested on suspicion of wearing full-body suits and scaring pedestrians will face no further action.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary was investigating indecency offences in Yatton and Claverham over the summer, but due to a lack of evidence it has been forced to conclude its inquiries.
A witness reported seeing a man dressed in sexualised clothing and jumping out at people.
A police spokesman said: "Detectives carried out a thorough investigation.
"Two men, aged 28 and 34, were arrested on suspicion of indecency offences but due to insufficient evidence were later released with no further action taken against them.
You may also want to watch:
"Thankfully, we've not received any more reports of similar incidents since the most recent report of a man wearing a black body suit approaching a woman on July 11.
"If anyone has information in relation to these incidents and hasn't yet spoken to us they should call 101 and provide the call handler with the reference 5219158435."
- 1 Weston pub launches eating challenge to win £100 bar tab
- 2 Tropicana announces trio of lockdown-busting summer club nights
- 3 Weston boy 'overwhelmed' at heart-warming response to car washing business
- 4 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 5 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
- 6 Primary school welcomes new principal
- 7 Doctors urge patients not to suffer in silence when it comes to their mental health
- 8 May 17: What are the Covid travel rules?
- 9 Travellers set up camp on Weston seafront
- 10 May 17: Bristol Airport 'disappointed' with green list