Police hunt for man charged with sex assault
A MAN charged with sexually assaulting a woman in Banwell has skipped bail. Police in Weston are now appealing for help to trace Mohammed
A MAN charged with sexually assaulting a woman in Banwell has skipped bail.
Police in Weston are now appealing for help to trace Mohammed Korim, aged 27, who is wanted in connection with a serious sexual assault, which took place on April 18.
Korim, who is a Bangladeshi national, was arrested and given police bail so officers could carry out more enquiries.
He was required to answer bail on May 25 but failed to turn up. He is also wanted by the immigration service on suspicion of immigration offences.
You may also want to watch:
Korim had been working as a kitchen assistant in a restaurant in Banwell when the incident took place.
Police believe he could still be in the South West or he may have travelled to Bangladesh.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 10 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
He is described as Asian, around 5ft 5ins to 5ft 7ins tall with a medium build. Police are keen to speak to anyone who knows Korim's whereabouts.
Anyone who can help is asked to contact police on 0845 4567000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.