Police hunt for man charged with sex assault
A MAN charged with sexually assaulting a woman in Banwell has skipped bail. Police in Weston are now appealing for help to trace Mohammed
A MAN charged with sexually assaulting a woman in Banwell has skipped bail.
Police in Weston are now appealing for help to trace Mohammed Korim, aged 27, who is wanted in connection with a serious sexual assault, which took place on April 18.
Korim, who is a Bangladeshi national, was arrested and given police bail so officers could carry out more enquiries.
He was required to answer bail on May 25 but failed to turn up. He is also wanted by the immigration service on suspicion of immigration offences.
You may also want to watch:
Korim had been working as a kitchen assistant in a restaurant in Banwell when the incident took place.
Police believe he could still be in the South West or he may have travelled to Bangladesh.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
He is described as Asian, around 5ft 5ins to 5ft 7ins tall with a medium build. Police are keen to speak to anyone who knows Korim's whereabouts.
Anyone who can help is asked to contact police on 0845 4567000 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.