Two people identified in connection with serious Weston assault
- Credit: Gareth Newnham
Police have now identified two people following a ‘serious assault’ in Weston-super-Mare.
Avon and Somerset police were called to Kings Lane at 9.30pm on April 22 after someone found an injured man in the alleyway.
The lane links North Street with the Boulevard and a number of businesses in Orchard Street also back onto it.
Police have thanked the public after CCTV footage helped them identify two people they wish to speak to in connection with the assault.
A spokesman said: “We’ve now identified two people from CCTV footage released as part of our investigation into a serious assault on a man in Kings Lane on April 22.
“Enquiries into this incident are continuing.
“Thanks to everyone who shared our appeal.”
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 7 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police on 101 and quote reference number 5219087664.