Man taken to hospital after being punched in the face in Weston town centre
- Credit: Tom Wright
A man was punched in an assault in Weston town centre.
The victim was left injured and required medical checks in hospital having received a blow to the face.
The attack happened on Tuesday afternoon, in Regent Street.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary have arrested one person, in their 20s, in connection with last week's incident.
Its spokesman said: "We're investigating after a man in his 40s was assaulted on Regent Street on Tuesday.
"The victim fell to the floor after he was punched in the face at approximately 4.40pm.
"He was subsequently taken to hospital with a head injury.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 3 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 4 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 5 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 6 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 7 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 8 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
- 9 Lovely detached family home with Mendip views
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
"A 28-year-old man was arrested and has since been released under investigation.
"Enquiries are ongoing."
Police cars were seen in the Regent Street area in the aftermath of the incident as officers tried to piece together what had happened.