Police investigation rules Weston death as not suspicious
- Credit: Archant
The death of a 71-year-old man in Weston-Super-Mare yesterday is not being treated as suspicious says police.
Officers were called to an address in Wadham Street after a call from a member of the public at 5.12pm on December 1.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary police spokesperson said: “The man’s death was initially treated as suspicious due to the circumstances in which his body was found and the way in which it was reported to us.
“However, a forensic post-mortem examination has now been completed and determined the man died from natural causes.
“We appreciate this incident caused concern among the community and would like to thank people for their patience and understanding while we investigated.”
You may also want to watch:
The man’s next-of-kin has been informed and officers will now prepare a report for the coroner.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 FA Cup: Weston AFC drawn to play Dorking Wanderers in third qualifying round