Police eager to track down driver who left injured woman and baby in crash
- Credit: Mark Newman
Police are still looking for a man who fled the scene of a car accident, leaving a seriously injured woman and baby behind.
A car ploughed through a garden fence and smashed into a lamppost before the vehicle landed on its roof in Burnham on Saturday night.
Emergency services rushed to the scene, in Berrow Road at 12.15am, where they found an injured woman and a child, but no sign of the driver of the vehicle.
The section of road between the Saxondale Avenue and Ash Tree Road junctions was closed for more than nine hours on Sunday while the debris was cleared and the cause of the crash investigated.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said the search for the driver is still is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The injured woman remains in hospital with a head injury, broken ribs and a lung injury.
"The infant who was injured in the crash has been released from hospital."
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 5 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston