Police eager to track down driver who left injured woman and baby in crash
- Credit: Mark Newman
Police are still looking for a man who fled the scene of a car accident, leaving a seriously injured woman and baby behind.
A car ploughed through a garden fence and smashed into a lamppost before the vehicle landed on its roof in Burnham on Saturday night.
Emergency services rushed to the scene, in Berrow Road at 12.15am, where they found an injured woman and a child, but no sign of the driver of the vehicle.
The section of road between the Saxondale Avenue and Ash Tree Road junctions was closed for more than nine hours on Sunday while the debris was cleared and the cause of the crash investigated.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said the search for the driver is still is ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The injured woman remains in hospital with a head injury, broken ribs and a lung injury.
"The infant who was injured in the crash has been released from hospital."
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week