Driver who fled after four-vehicle crash on M5 wanted by police
- Credit: Archant
Police are hunting for a driver who failed to stop after a four-vehicle crash on the M5.
The motorist was involved in an accident last night (Thursday) between Clevedon (junction 20) and Portishead (junction 19).
An Avon and Somerset Constabulary spokesman said: “One of the four vehicles involved left the scene without stopping and we are keen to speak the driver who we believe, may have information to help our enquiries into the incident.
“We believe the vehicle that left the scene was a white car, similar in shape and size to a Volkswagen Polo.
“It is likely to have damage to the front nearside corner of the vehicle, as well as rear end damage.
You may also want to watch:
“Another white vehicle which was also involved in the collision remained at the scene.
“We’d like the driver of the car that left the scene to contact us.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
“We’d also be interested in any motorists who were in on the motorway at the time of the incident who might have dash cam footage of the incident.
“If you have any information which could help, please contact us through www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/contact, or by calling 101, quoting log number 0857 of the 22 November.
“Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or report it on-line using the following link bit.ly/1pwX4Zm quoting the above log number.”