Police to crack down on under age drinkers
30.11.07 - 11AM - POLICE are warning under-age drinkers they will be cracking down on boozy youngsters who get out of control over the Christmas period.
POLICE are warning under-age drinkers they will be cracking down on boozy youngsters who get out of control over the Christmas period.
Town centre sergeant Pete Land, says he and his team will not be tolerating the offence and will be looking to parents to help support them by providing information regarding the sale, purchase or supply of alcohol, to or for under-18s.
He said: "A significant proportion of people who go to town centre venues for specific events where under 18s are admitted on the night are clearly under the influence of alcohol by the time they arrive and that concerns me.
"Under-age people who attend any of these events having consumed alcohol beforehand will be refused entry.
You may also want to watch:
"We will be working with the venue owners to ensure this is the case and have agreed plans inside to ensure alcohol will not be sold to minors.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 6 Will garden village be revived?
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple