Police to crack down on under age drinkers
30.11.07 - 11AM - POLICE are warning under-age drinkers they will be cracking down on boozy youngsters who get out of control over the Christmas period.
POLICE are warning under-age drinkers they will be cracking down on boozy youngsters who get out of control over the Christmas period.
Town centre sergeant Pete Land, says he and his team will not be tolerating the offence and will be looking to parents to help support them by providing information regarding the sale, purchase or supply of alcohol, to or for under-18s.
He said: "A significant proportion of people who go to town centre venues for specific events where under 18s are admitted on the night are clearly under the influence of alcohol by the time they arrive and that concerns me.
"Under-age people who attend any of these events having consumed alcohol beforehand will be refused entry.
You may also want to watch:
"We will be working with the venue owners to ensure this is the case and have agreed plans inside to ensure alcohol will not be sold to minors.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 8 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 9 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 10 Man jailed for knife possession offence