National women’s group names Avon and Somerset police chief on ‘kind leaders’ list
- Credit: Archant
A national women’s group has named an Avon and Somerset police chief on its list of 50 ‘kind leaders’.
Chief Constable Andy Marsh has been recognised for his ‘passion for empowerment, development, relationship building and honesty’.
The list was compiled by Women Of The Future, which promotes ‘kindness and collaboration among leaders’.
Chief Constable Marsh was recognised for his work ‘rebuilding confidence’ after a ‘turbulent’ period which saw four chiefs come and go in five years.
He said: “Policing is built upon kindness and a willingness to make things better for all.
You may also want to watch:
“We more than often deal with people who are at their lowest ebb and desperate for care, support and consolation.
“I am proud of our employees show kindness to people, including those who have offended, who are all treated with respect.”
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Village's community shop to relocate
- 10 Weston BID column: Walker & Ling owner Sam Walker