National women’s group names Avon and Somerset police chief on ‘kind leaders’ list
- Credit: Archant
A national women’s group has named an Avon and Somerset police chief on its list of 50 ‘kind leaders’.
Chief Constable Andy Marsh has been recognised for his ‘passion for empowerment, development, relationship building and honesty’.
The list was compiled by Women Of The Future, which promotes ‘kindness and collaboration among leaders’.
Chief Constable Marsh was recognised for his work ‘rebuilding confidence’ after a ‘turbulent’ period which saw four chiefs come and go in five years.
He said: “Policing is built upon kindness and a willingness to make things better for all.
You may also want to watch:
“We more than often deal with people who are at their lowest ebb and desperate for care, support and consolation.
“I am proud of our employees show kindness to people, including those who have offended, who are all treated with respect.”
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare