Pop-up café to enable villagers to connect
- Credit: Archant
People from Uphill can make new friends at a pop-up café in the village.
Uphill Village Society holds the social meetings every Monday from 2pm to 4pm in Victory Hall, in Westfield Road.
The group has been running for almost a year and attracts people of all ages who are keen to make new friends or just enjoy a chat.
Leigh Morris, from the village society, said: "We try to encourage locals to come along.
"We get quite a few older people and we also get a lot of parents.
You may also want to watch:
"We thought that the hall was available a couple of times a week and we wanted to make better use of it.
"It's just a social meeting, we keep it nice and simple and people can come in and have a chat and a piece of cake."
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 4 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 5 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 6 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 7 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 8 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
A Village Agent also attends the meeting to enable people over 50 to access help and advice.
Village Agents are provided by the Community Connect programme.