Pop-up café to enable villagers to connect
- Credit: Archant
People from Uphill can make new friends at a pop-up café in the village.
Uphill Village Society holds the social meetings every Monday from 2pm to 4pm in Victory Hall, in Westfield Road.
The group has been running for almost a year and attracts people of all ages who are keen to make new friends or just enjoy a chat.
Leigh Morris, from the village society, said: "We try to encourage locals to come along.
"We get quite a few older people and we also get a lot of parents.
You may also want to watch:
"We thought that the hall was available a couple of times a week and we wanted to make better use of it.
"It's just a social meeting, we keep it nice and simple and people can come in and have a chat and a piece of cake."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
A Village Agent also attends the meeting to enable people over 50 to access help and advice.
Village Agents are provided by the Community Connect programme.