Pop-up café to enable villagers to connect
- Credit: Archant
People from Uphill can make new friends at a pop-up café in the village.
Uphill Village Society holds the social meetings every Monday from 2pm to 4pm in Victory Hall, in Westfield Road.
The group has been running for almost a year and attracts people of all ages who are keen to make new friends or just enjoy a chat.
Leigh Morris, from the village society, said: "We try to encourage locals to come along.
"We get quite a few older people and we also get a lot of parents.
You may also want to watch:
"We thought that the hall was available a couple of times a week and we wanted to make better use of it.
"It's just a social meeting, we keep it nice and simple and people can come in and have a chat and a piece of cake."
- 1 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 2 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 3 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 4 Free workshops to raise awareness of seasonal affective disorder
- 5 Families urged to access free school meals in lockdown
- 6 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 7 Have your say on health services in Somerset
- 8 Ambitious West of England mass transit project motors forward
- 9 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 10 Family business raises hundreds for homeless charity
A Village Agent also attends the meeting to enable people over 50 to access help and advice.
Village Agents are provided by the Community Connect programme.