Pop-up café to enable villagers to connect
- Credit: Archant
People from Uphill can make new friends at a pop-up café in the village.
Uphill Village Society holds the social meetings every Monday from 2pm to 4pm in Victory Hall, in Westfield Road.
The group has been running for almost a year and attracts people of all ages who are keen to make new friends or just enjoy a chat.
Leigh Morris, from the village society, said: "We try to encourage locals to come along.
"We get quite a few older people and we also get a lot of parents.
You may also want to watch:
"We thought that the hall was available a couple of times a week and we wanted to make better use of it.
"It's just a social meeting, we keep it nice and simple and people can come in and have a chat and a piece of cake."
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 3 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 9 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 10 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
A Village Agent also attends the meeting to enable people over 50 to access help and advice.
Village Agents are provided by the Community Connect programme.