Poppy appeal up on last year
WESTON S Poppy Appeal for 2007 raised more than £3,000 on top of the previous year s total.
WESTON'S Poppy Appeal for 2007 raised more than £3,000 on top of the previous year's total.
The campaign in the seaside town collected a total of £18,828, which will go towards the care of ex-servicemen and their families. In 2006, £15,500 was raised.
Organiser of the Weston appeal, John Kerr, said: "The national campaign has to raise around £40million to meet the costs of the care provided by The Royal British Legion.
"The total raised before Christmas was astonishing and I would like to thank everyone who contributed.
You may also want to watch:
"I would also like to praise everyone who was involved with the launch of the appeal, which was a massive success.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 6 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers