Most popular baby names chosen by North Somerset parents revealed
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The most popular names given to baby boys and girls in North Somerset has been revealed.
George was the most commonly selected name for boys, with Olivia taking the top spot among young daughters.
For girls, Emily was the second most popular and Amelia third. The figures reflect the national picture, where Olivia was the most popular.
Among boys, Oliver was the most chosen name nationally but only second in North Somerset. Jack was the third most popular boy’s name locally.
The figures released last week by the Office for National Statistics show one baby was born every four hours on average last year in the district.
Mothers delivered 2,060 babies, of which there was almost an equal split of boys and girls, with 1,029 sons and 1,031 daughters born.
Nearly 700,000 babies were born last year in England and Wales and more than 63,000 different names were registered.
- 1 Lovely views from large bungalow in sought-after village
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Weston BAFTA winner reveals what goes on behind the scenes
- 4 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 5 Have your say over major town centre redevelopment
- 6 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 7 Westonian turns 100 and praises 'antibiotics' for her longevity
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 10 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
New entries into the top 100 most popular names include Hunter and Ralph for boys and Edith and Hallie for girls.