Caped Crusader spotted in Congresbury: Postie raises lockdown cheer dressed as superheroes
- Credit: Archant
Not all heroes wear capes, but one postman from Congresbury has been doing just that, spreading a little lockdown cheer dressed as some of Earth’s mightiest heroes.
Friendly, neighbourhood postie Matt Eggins has appeared during his rounds in Yatton and Congresbury as a different character every day from Spiderman, to Batman, The Hulk, and even Woody from Toy Story.
Mr Eggins said: “I was thinking about how the lockdown can negatively affect people’s mental health and decided to find a way to keep people’s spirits up.
“I decided to go for superheroes and film characters – the kids get more excited, and it helps adults too, I’m told.
Matt said the response had been ‘mad’ as people shared sightings of him through WhatsApp groups and Facebook. One person even donated the Hulk and Batman costumes.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “If I can make a few people smile when they’re finding it hard, it’s worth it. I would like to thank all my fellow posties at Yatton for their support as we are all working extremely hard.”
- 1 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 6 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
- 9 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 10 Closure of A370 in Weston for improvements