Caped Crusader spotted in Congresbury: Postie raises lockdown cheer dressed as superheroes
- Credit: Archant
Not all heroes wear capes, but one postman from Congresbury has been doing just that, spreading a little lockdown cheer dressed as some of Earth’s mightiest heroes.
Friendly, neighbourhood postie Matt Eggins has appeared during his rounds in Yatton and Congresbury as a different character every day from Spiderman, to Batman, The Hulk, and even Woody from Toy Story.
Mr Eggins said: “I was thinking about how the lockdown can negatively affect people’s mental health and decided to find a way to keep people’s spirits up.
“I decided to go for superheroes and film characters – the kids get more excited, and it helps adults too, I’m told.
Matt said the response had been ‘mad’ as people shared sightings of him through WhatsApp groups and Facebook. One person even donated the Hulk and Batman costumes.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “If I can make a few people smile when they’re finding it hard, it’s worth it. I would like to thank all my fellow posties at Yatton for their support as we are all working extremely hard.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab