Caped Crusader spotted in Congresbury: Postie raises lockdown cheer dressed as superheroes
- Credit: Archant
Not all heroes wear capes, but one postman from Congresbury has been doing just that, spreading a little lockdown cheer dressed as some of Earth’s mightiest heroes.
Friendly, neighbourhood postie Matt Eggins has appeared during his rounds in Yatton and Congresbury as a different character every day from Spiderman, to Batman, The Hulk, and even Woody from Toy Story.
Mr Eggins said: “I was thinking about how the lockdown can negatively affect people’s mental health and decided to find a way to keep people’s spirits up.
“I decided to go for superheroes and film characters – the kids get more excited, and it helps adults too, I’m told.
Matt said the response had been ‘mad’ as people shared sightings of him through WhatsApp groups and Facebook. One person even donated the Hulk and Batman costumes.
He said: “If I can make a few people smile when they’re finding it hard, it’s worth it. I would like to thank all my fellow posties at Yatton for their support as we are all working extremely hard.”
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 'We want it back' - calls grow for return of Weston's miniature railway
- 3 £100,000 supercar clocked at 142mph on M5 in Somerset
- 4 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 5 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 6 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 7 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 8 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 9 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 10 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre