Postman lifts lockdown spirits by posing as caped crusaders
- Credit: Archant
Not all heroes wear capes, but one postman from Congresbury has been doing just that, spreading a little lockdown cheer dressed as a bevy of caped crusaders.
Friendly neighbourhood postie Matt Eggins has appeared during his rounds in Yatton and Congresbury as a different character every day from Spiderman, to Batman, The Hulk, and even Woody from Toy Story.
Mr Eggins said: “I was thinking about how the lockdown can negatively affect people’s mental health and decided to find a way to keep people’s spirits up.
“I decided to go for superheroes and film characters – the kids get more excited, and it helps adults too, I’m told.
Matt said the response had been ‘mad’ as people shared sightings of him through WhatsApp groups and Facebook, and even had a woman donate the Hulk and Batman costumes he’s worn.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “If I can make a few people smile when they’re finding it hard, it’s worth it.
“I would like to thank all my fellow posties at Yatton for their support as we are all working extremely hard.”
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Will garden village be revived?
- 6 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 9 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder