Praise for Lions’ maintenance of Weston Floral Clock
- Credit: Weston Lions
People have praised Weston Lions for its hard work and dedication to maintain a floral clock in town.
Daily throughout the summer, volunteers at the organisation, in shifts and at a safe distance, watered flowers three times a week and de-headed them during dry periods.
This year, much time has been spent adding fresh soil and cultivating the area, and the floral clock has seen winter bedding put in this month.
The club posted a picture of the landmark on Weston Then and Now on social media in summer, which attracted more than 600 likes.
A Lions well-wisher, Chris Fisher, said: “It’s wonderful to see the floral clock planted-up.
You may also want to watch:
“A very big thank you to the team at Weston Lions.
“A small ray of light, colour and hope for the future when many are living in isolation and confusion. I’m not sure what Weston would do without its very willing band of volunteers.”
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud