Weston Couple celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Colin Pratt
According to Colin Pratt, who is celebrating 60 years together with his wife Rosemary, the secret to a long marriage is ‘give and take’.
Colin met Rosemary in 1956 when he was just 18, while home on leave from the Army.
He said: “Straight away I was smitten, we went out until I had to go back to Germany, but I still had two years to serve.
“We wrote to each other every day.”
On returning from the army Colin proposed and they were married at St Michael and All Angels church in Bishopston and had four children, two boys, Kevin and Nigel and two girls, Debra and Allison.
You may also want to watch:
After moving to Australia for three years, the pair settled in Weston for more than 30 years before moving to Cyprus in 2006.
On their 60 years together Colin said: “I think our secret is we both give and take, respect and love each other, and remember to take the good times with the bad.”
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 How to order free Covid home tests
- 7 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic