Weston Couple celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Colin Pratt
According to Colin Pratt, who is celebrating 60 years together with his wife Rosemary, the secret to a long marriage is ‘give and take’.
Colin met Rosemary in 1956 when he was just 18, while home on leave from the Army.
He said: “Straight away I was smitten, we went out until I had to go back to Germany, but I still had two years to serve.
“We wrote to each other every day.”
On returning from the army Colin proposed and they were married at St Michael and All Angels church in Bishopston and had four children, two boys, Kevin and Nigel and two girls, Debra and Allison.
After moving to Australia for three years, the pair settled in Weston for more than 30 years before moving to Cyprus in 2006.
On their 60 years together Colin said: “I think our secret is we both give and take, respect and love each other, and remember to take the good times with the bad.”
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 3 Spacious residence in exclusive Weston Hillside
- 4 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 5 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 6 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 7 Support for people with hidden disabilities living in North Somerset
- 8 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 9 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 10 Charity farm commits to supporting people in need