Preanes Green project in running for £80,000
AN EXCITING project in Worle could benefit from a massive £80,000 cash injection - if the public gets behind it.
AN EXCITING project in Worle could benefit from a massive £80,000 cash injection - if the public get behind it.
Preanes Green Resource Centre in Feniton off Clovelly Road, has made it through to the next stages of the National Lottery's People's Millions.
The facility wants to build a community room and cycle safety workshop at the rear of the building but volunteers need more money to achieve their goal.
The resource centre will appear on the ITV regional news programme, on November 29 at 6pm, when it will go up against other projects from across the area.
You may also want to watch:
It will go to the public vote and people will be asked to call a number announced on ITV and in the Daily Mirror on the day.
Resource centre co-ordinator Linda Ruffles said: "We desperately need the public's vote.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
"The extension will provide a much-needed facility for the whole of the community.
"We are excited that we may be able to provide Weston with a cycle centre, which will enable children and adults to learn about road safety, cycling proficiency. "They will also learn how to maintain their bike and find out about safe cycle routes to get people out exploring their environment in a green, sustainable way.
"We also hope to develop a bike club and find a way of distributing donated bikes to those in the community that need one.
"That old bike lying in the garden shed could be recycled back into the community.
"Some children in this area don't have a bike and some have never had one."
The People's Millions is a partnership between the Big Lottery Fund and ITV, which aims to make a difference to communities by giving them cash donations.
A total of 90 grants worth £80,000 are up for grabs this year, to include awards for runners-up in each region.