Princess Theatre receives eco-friendly lighting system
- Credit: Archant
The first phase of refurbishments to Burnham’s Princess Theatre has been completed.
A new LED lighting system has been installed throughout the building in order to reduce its carbon footprint, running costs and to improve safety.
The venue’s Pizey Room will also be decorated so it can be used as a training room, meeting space, as well as a gallery for special exhibitions and installations.
Theatre manager, Sam Nicol, said: “Throughout The Princess the new lights are so much brighter and much more flexible for use in the various spaces which is used by our hirers and the general public.
“The works were completed after a feasibility and costing survey.
You may also want to watch:
“It demonstrated due to reduced power usage, the new lighting will prove cost neutral to the building after a maximum of five years.
“After this, we will be making long-term savings on our electricity bills.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 5 Bake Off stars to host afternoon tea in North Somerset this weekend
- 6 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 7 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend
- 8 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 9 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 10 Children encouraged to take up Covid jab