Schools donate goggles to Weston Hospital
- Credit: Archant
School staff have delivered hundreds of pairs of science goggles to two hospitals.
Priory Community School Academy and Worle Community School Academy, also donated goggles to the NHS and staff made the visit to Weston General Hospital and care homes.
Science teacher Baylea Charles from The King Alfred School Academy in Highbridge also collected goggles before taking them to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton.
The hospitals desperately need items and equipment to help prepare for a surge in patients.
The school uses them for science lessons, but they will now be used for dealing with coronavirus patients.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Nathan Jenkins said: “Our students and staff regularly show their caring and kindness to respond to the needs of others.”
Executive principal Neville Coles added: “We are very pleased to assist the NHS in these challenging times.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 6 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 7 Inadequate care home responds
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'most caring and loving son'