Schools donate goggles to Weston Hospital
- Credit: Archant
School staff have delivered hundreds of pairs of science goggles to two hospitals.
Priory Community School Academy and Worle Community School Academy, also donated goggles to the NHS and staff made the visit to Weston General Hospital and care homes.
Science teacher Baylea Charles from The King Alfred School Academy in Highbridge also collected goggles before taking them to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton.
The hospitals desperately need items and equipment to help prepare for a surge in patients.
The school uses them for science lessons, but they will now be used for dealing with coronavirus patients.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Nathan Jenkins said: “Our students and staff regularly show their caring and kindness to respond to the needs of others.”
Executive principal Neville Coles added: “We are very pleased to assist the NHS in these challenging times.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years