Schools donate goggles to Weston Hospital
- Credit: Archant
School staff have delivered hundreds of pairs of science goggles to two hospitals.
Priory Community School Academy and Worle Community School Academy, also donated goggles to the NHS and staff made the visit to Weston General Hospital and care homes.
Science teacher Baylea Charles from The King Alfred School Academy in Highbridge also collected goggles before taking them to Musgrove Park Hospital in Taunton.
The hospitals desperately need items and equipment to help prepare for a surge in patients.
The school uses them for science lessons, but they will now be used for dealing with coronavirus patients.
You may also want to watch:
Principal Nathan Jenkins said: “Our students and staff regularly show their caring and kindness to respond to the needs of others.”
Executive principal Neville Coles added: “We are very pleased to assist the NHS in these challenging times.”
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 5 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 6 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters