Village hall fund boosted at race night
- Credit: Archant
Much-needed cash was raised for a community project as villagers enjoyed a night at the races.
A race night was held at Congresbury’s Old School Rooms on Saturday as revellers had a nod on the nags in a bid to raise funds for the village hall project.
Guests studied the form and wagered bets on their favourite stallions, mares, fillies and colts around the course.
Between the races, a mixture of entertainment and tasty treats were enjoyed.
The project hopes to raise hundreds of thousands of pounds which will be used to create a mixed-use hall at the recreation club in Stonewell Drive.
You may also want to watch:
The hall would be available for many of the Congresbury’s community groups and sports teams to use, with its management committee hoping to make it a focal point for the area.
For more information, log on to www.congresburyvillagehall.co.uk
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working