Village hall fund boosted at race night
- Credit: Archant
Much-needed cash was raised for a community project as villagers enjoyed a night at the races.
A race night was held at Congresbury’s Old School Rooms on Saturday as revellers had a nod on the nags in a bid to raise funds for the village hall project.
Guests studied the form and wagered bets on their favourite stallions, mares, fillies and colts around the course.
Between the races, a mixture of entertainment and tasty treats were enjoyed.
The project hopes to raise hundreds of thousands of pounds which will be used to create a mixed-use hall at the recreation club in Stonewell Drive.
You may also want to watch:
The hall would be available for many of the Congresbury’s community groups and sports teams to use, with its management committee hoping to make it a focal point for the area.
For more information, log on to www.congresburyvillagehall.co.uk
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder