Village hall fund boosted at race night
- Credit: Archant
Much-needed cash was raised for a community project as villagers enjoyed a night at the races.
A race night was held at Congresbury’s Old School Rooms on Saturday as revellers had a nod on the nags in a bid to raise funds for the village hall project.
Guests studied the form and wagered bets on their favourite stallions, mares, fillies and colts around the course.
Between the races, a mixture of entertainment and tasty treats were enjoyed.
The project hopes to raise hundreds of thousands of pounds which will be used to create a mixed-use hall at the recreation club in Stonewell Drive.
You may also want to watch:
The hall would be available for many of the Congresbury’s community groups and sports teams to use, with its management committee hoping to make it a focal point for the area.
For more information, log on to www.congresburyvillagehall.co.uk
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 5 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 6 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters