Hundreds of pounds handed to charity in Mary’s memory
- Credit: SUb
Hundreds of pounds was raised for a cancer charity in memory of a young Worle girl.
Raddy's Café Bar off Princess Square hosted its Cider Sunday event and race night.
The race night, which was held back in March, raised £2,002 for the Bone Cancer Research Trust, a UK charity dedicated to fighting primary bone cancer.
The cider event added an extra £292.50 to the final total for Weston's Team Bones - set up in memory of 11-year-old Mary Collard, who died in 2012.
Team Bones aims to raise awareness and as much money as possible to find a cure for the terrible illness, which 'took Mary from her family too soon'.
You may also want to watch:
A Team Bones spokesman said: "The trust and Weston Team Bones can't thank Simon and Kylie and all their customers enough for choosing us as their charity this time."
The In Mary's Memory charity reached its half-million-pound target last month after years of fundraising.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented