Hundreds of pounds handed to charity in Mary’s memory
- Credit: SUb
Hundreds of pounds was raised for a cancer charity in memory of a young Worle girl.
Raddy's Café Bar off Princess Square hosted its Cider Sunday event and race night.
The race night, which was held back in March, raised £2,002 for the Bone Cancer Research Trust, a UK charity dedicated to fighting primary bone cancer.
The cider event added an extra £292.50 to the final total for Weston's Team Bones - set up in memory of 11-year-old Mary Collard, who died in 2012.
Team Bones aims to raise awareness and as much money as possible to find a cure for the terrible illness, which 'took Mary from her family too soon'.
You may also want to watch:
A Team Bones spokesman said: "The trust and Weston Team Bones can't thank Simon and Kylie and all their customers enough for choosing us as their charity this time."
The In Mary's Memory charity reached its half-million-pound target last month after years of fundraising.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset