Yellow weather warning of rain and wind for Weston
- Credit: Archant
The sunny weather is not set to last following a Met Office warning for rain tomorrow (Friday).
A band of heavy rain, followed by heavy showers and thunderstorms is forecast for Weston-super-Mare throughout Friday.
There is a small chance homes and businesses could be flooded, and fast flowing or deep floodwater which could pose a danger to life.
Train and bus services could face delays or cancellations and spray or flooding may lead to difficult driving conditions.
A further yellow weather warning for wind has been issued for Saturday.
Strong winds are expected to cause disruption, particularly during the daytime.
Some coastal routes and communities may be affected by spray or large waves.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 3 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 6 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 7 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 8 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 9 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 10 Weston pair deny murder in Somerset town
The wind could lead to a short-term loss of power, along with delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport.
There may also be delays for large vehicles on exposed routes and bridges.
Outdoor events and activities could also be affected by the adverse weather conditions.