Yellow weather warning of rain and wind for Weston
- Credit: Archant
The sunny weather is not set to last following a Met Office warning for rain tomorrow (Friday).
A band of heavy rain, followed by heavy showers and thunderstorms is forecast for Weston-super-Mare throughout Friday.
There is a small chance homes and businesses could be flooded, and fast flowing or deep floodwater which could pose a danger to life.
Train and bus services could face delays or cancellations and spray or flooding may lead to difficult driving conditions.
A further yellow weather warning for wind has been issued for Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Strong winds are expected to cause disruption, particularly during the daytime.
Some coastal routes and communities may be affected by spray or large waves.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 4 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
The wind could lead to a short-term loss of power, along with delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport.
There may also be delays for large vehicles on exposed routes and bridges.
Outdoor events and activities could also be affected by the adverse weather conditions.