WIN: Tickets to see Rain Man at Weston-super-Mare’s Playhouse Theatre
- Credit: Archant
An Oscar-winning film telling the story of two brothers who reunite while travelling across America has been transformed from screen to stage and two well-known soap actors will star.
Based on the film which famously starred Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruis, Bill Kenwright presents the inaugural Classic Screen To Stage Theatre Company production of Rain Man.
When self-centred salesman Charlie Babbitt discovers his long-lost brother Raymond, an autistic savant with a flare for numbers, has inherited the family fortune, he sets out to get his half.
Charlie ‘borrows’ Raymond from the institution where he has spent most of his life and the two brothers embark on a trip across the USA where Charlie soon discovers his brother is worth more than he could have ever imagined.
Former EastEnders actor Paul Nicholls and ex-Hollyoaks star Chris Fountain star as Raymond and Charlie respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The film, released in 1988, was the highest-grossing film of the year and won four Oscars, including Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay, Best Director and Best Actor in a Leading Role for Hoffman.
Rain Man will be at The Playhouse, in High Street, from April 15-20 at 7.30pm.
- 1 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 2 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 3 May 17: What can't open when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 6 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre
- 9 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 10 Urgent need for volunteers to help with vaccinations
There will also be matinee performances at 2.30pm on April 17 and 20.
Tickets, priced £28.50-34.50, are available from www.parkwoodtheatres.co.uk/Playhouse-Theatre or from 01934 645544.
The Mercury has once again teamed up with The Playhouse to offer two lucky readers a pair of tickets to see the show on April 15.
This competition will close at 10am on March 21.
Usual Archant rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.
By entering this competition you are agreeing to be contacted by Archant and the theatre regarding the prize.