Village shop gets funding to transform its facilities
- Credit: Archant
A sustainable village shop launched during lockdown has exceeded its Crowdfunder target, which will enable it to transform its space.
Re:Store Congresbury was launched at Congar’s Café, in Broad Street, in May by Claire Jones and Jo Underwood to bring sustainable shopping to the village.
The shop space and range of products has grown to include refillable cleaning products, refill foods and a wide selection of plastic-free toiletries and gifts.
The duo applied for the NatWest’s Back Her Business scheme, set up to help women start up businesses.
Claire added: “It’s now time to move to the next phase. We are transforming a dedicated space in our base in Congars Café into our new shop space.
“These funds mean we can invest in equipment, fixtures and fittings such as gravity dispensers to help us to fulfil the vision we have for the shop.
“We can now become a sustainable shopping destination for the local community where customers can come in safely, self-serve and enjoy the refill experience.”
- 1 Police take action against middle-lane 'hogger' on M5
- 2 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 3 Developer reveals plans for 58 new homes on brownfield site
- 4 How romance fraud lost a Weston man his £150,000 life savings
- 5 Plan for Weston bar scuppered as licence refused
- 6 Weston and Burnham schools could feature in new academies trust
- 7 Items left in town centre doorways to be removed in bid to tidy Weston town centre
- 8 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 9 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend
Jo added: “We’re so grateful - the support has been amazing. We originally set out to raise £1,500 but with the £750 pledged by NatWest Back Her Business and the incredible generosity of our supporters we’ve hit our stretch target of £2,500.
“Thank you so much to the support of friends, family, customers and Natwest.”
Re:Store Congresbury is open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings from 8am to noon, with extended opening hours coming soo.
Orders can be placed online for local bike delivery or collection.