Hundreds enjoy exhibitions during celebration of arts
- Credit: Archant
A record number of visitors travelled around a wide array of exhibitions during North Somerset Arts Week.
Organisers promised that the event would be 'bigger and better than ever', with more than 200 artists showcasing their work across 45 exhibitions in numerous venues.
Gial Mason and Claire Hall, co-chairmen of the event, praised the quality of the work on display and thanked everyone who supported the event.
They said: "North Somerset Arts Week has been an amazing event with increased footfall and sales.
"Visitors have travelled from mid-Wales, South Somerset, Bristol and London for this event.
You may also want to watch:
"The feedback has all been positive, especially with the quality of work and interesting venues."
Paintings, ceramics, sculptures, architectural illustrations, prints, quilts, photographs and jewellery were just some of the items on show.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 4 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 9 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 10 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village