Referendum to be held for housing masterplan
- Credit: Archant
A masterplan for a village’s future will be voted on next month.
Villagers will have their say on Yatton’s neighbourhood development plan in a referendum on April 11.
The plan, which has been created by villagers in conjunction with Yatton Parish Council, will be used as a framework for development in the village until 2026.
Yatton ward councillor Jill Iles, speaking at North Somerset Council’s executive meeting last month, called on members to support the plan, which they duly did.
She said: “The village of Yatton has increased in size significantly, and now the plan is before the executive I would request it proceeds with a referendum as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
A hard copy of the draft plan is available to view at Yatton Library, in High Street, and the vote will be held at Horsecastle Chapel, in Horsecastle Farm Road.
The document can also be viewed online at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/yattonplan
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 6 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 7 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
- 10 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston