Emergency repairs to close Weston road tonight
- Credit: Google Street View
Essential sewer repairs will close a Weston road tonight (Monday).
Wessex Water has written to residents about the emergency work in Milton Hill, which will start at 6pm.
A diversion will be in place until early tomorrow morning (Tuesday), when the road will re-open with temporary traffic lights in place.
The company says the repairs will have no impact on customers’ water or sewerage services and the work is expected to finish by Wednesday.
Coordinator of the repairs at Wessex Water, Ryan Coombs, said: “We discussed this work with the local council and agreed the evening closure was the best option to ensure we compete repairs quickly and minimise disruption.
You may also want to watch:
“There may be some noise while we’re working, but every effort will be made to keep this to a minimum.
“We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this essential work and road closure, which is necessary for the safety of the community and our workforce.”
- 1 Man dies after collision with car
- 2 Sisters take on Weston walk in father’s memory
- 3 Flood alleviation scheme on outskirts of Weston completed
- 4 Worle pub due to be a nursery up for sale
- 5 Weston RNLI given over £4,000 from major technology firm
- 6 Weston police officer faces misconduct hearing after alleged racist comments
- 7 Man arrested after vigilant witness reports suspicious activity
- 8 Owner attempts to delay Birnbeck Pier compulsory purchase order, but council stands firm
- 9 One-way scheme improves safety outside primary school
- 10 Coronavirus vaccinations move to next phase in North Somerset