Visiting restrictions relaxed at recycling centres
- Credit: Archant
Restrictions at North Somerset’s recycling centres have now been relaxed.
People were restricted to one visit a month after the recycling centres in Weston, Portishead and Backwell reopened in May.
As of yesterday (Monday), the restrictions have been relaxed, but North Somerset Council is encouraging people to limit visits to the centres where possible.
The number plate system with odd and even numbers allowed on different days will remain in place at all three centres.
Cllr Bridget Petty, executive member for the environment and climate emergency, said: “I would like to thank everyone for their patience and support in following the restrictions put in place to give everyone the chance to visit the centres when they re-opened.
You may also want to watch:
“We can now relax the fair usage restriction, but we are asking residents to continue to act responsibly and limit visits to the recycling centres where possible reducing the demand on the sites and the carbon emissions from car journeys.
“Portishead, in particular, is very busy with people often queuing to get in at peak times. To avoid this, residents should make use of the extended summer opening hours where possible.”
- 1 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 6 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 7 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 8 New leadership team for charity
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
Residents should check the council website at www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/bins-recycling/recycling-centres/our-recycling-centres for the opening hours at each centre and familiarise themselves with the rules in place.