Resurfacing work due to start on A38 in Churchill
- Credit: Archant
Part of the A38 in Churchill will be resurfaced on five nights in October.
North Somerset Council’s contractor Skanska will carry out the £227,000 scheme, which involves carriageway resurfacing, kerb repairs and footpath patching; along New Road and Bristol Road, from the junction of Skinners Lane through to The Churchill Inn.
The work, which will take place from 8pm-6am, will start on October 5.
Noisier work will be done in the early shift to reduce noise disruption.
The council’s executive member for planning and transport, Cllr James Tonkin, said: “We have also allowed for Monday October 12 and Tuesday October 13, as contingency days just in case we experience any delays or if the weather intervenes.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone planning on using this route to get to Bristol Airport should consider an alternative route or allow extra time form their journey.”
For more information, including the diversion route, log on to www.n-somerset.gov.uk/roadworks
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12