Lions club donates funeral funds to RNLI
- Credit: Glyn Hayes
Weston Lions has support the town’s lifeboat station to continue saving lives at sea.
Bryan Fowler, who died earlier this year, was a founding member of Weston Lions, he was also a member of the carnival committee and was a well-known raconteur.
His wife Brenda and the Lions decided to give the funeral donations received to Weston RNLI.
The Lions visited the temporary station to present a cheque for £1,000 which came from the funeral with top-up funds from the Lions.
Its president John Holland said: "Bryan will be sorely missed but he would have been pleased with our decision.
You may also want to watch:
"We have always respected and supported those brave men and women who risk their own lives to keep us safe.
"Weston needs this life saving service, particularly because of the strong tides and shifting sandbanks in the Bristol Channel."
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again