Lions club donates funeral funds to RNLI
- Credit: Glyn Hayes
Weston Lions has support the town’s lifeboat station to continue saving lives at sea.
Bryan Fowler, who died earlier this year, was a founding member of Weston Lions, he was also a member of the carnival committee and was a well-known raconteur.
His wife Brenda and the Lions decided to give the funeral donations received to Weston RNLI.
The Lions visited the temporary station to present a cheque for £1,000 which came from the funeral with top-up funds from the Lions.
Its president John Holland said: "Bryan will be sorely missed but he would have been pleased with our decision.
You may also want to watch:
"We have always respected and supported those brave men and women who risk their own lives to keep us safe.
"Weston needs this life saving service, particularly because of the strong tides and shifting sandbanks in the Bristol Channel."
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 9 Weston vets wins two awards
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston