DON’T MISS: RNLI to host annual open day at new station
- Credit: Archant
Weston’s life-saving charity will host its annual open day at the weekend.
Weston RNLI will welcome people to meet the crew and find out more about its work inside the building which will hopefully become its new lifeboat station.
The open day will see the two lifeboats and a rescue service craft leading demonstrations for the public.
This year there will be a fair at the old Cove Restaurant building, by Marine Lake, with a chocolate tombola, stalls selling crafts and pictures and games also thrown into the mix.
The seafront building will also show sea safety videos, posters and movies of the rescues done by the volunteer crew and a demonstration from the Shannon lifeboat will be on show.
You may also want to watch:
The lifeboats will also be docked off Anchor Head so youngsters can climb onboard and see what it is like to be a member of the crew.
The weekend's event will run from 10am-3pm on Sunday.
- 1 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 2 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 3 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 4 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
- 5 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
- 6 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 7 North Somerset mortgage firm named UK's number one broker for outstanding customer outcomes
- 8 Two free festivals to bring top acts and 'extraordinary events' to Weston
- 9 Historic detached house near Weston town centre
- 10 Two shops opening for first time next week