Road dubbed as 'lethal'
A ROAD in Cheddar has been dubbed as lethal because it is no longer gritted during icy weather.
A ROAD in Cheddar has been dubbed as 'lethal' because it is no longer gritted during icy weather.
During the school half-term the B3135 road up the gorge was said to be extremely dangerous to drive on.
At a meeting of Cheddar Parish Council on Tuesday, councillor Andy Bosley said: "During the school holidays the gorge gets very busy, even in winter.
"Because the road doesn't get any sunlight, the ice stays on the road all day."
You may also want to watch:
The parish clerk will contact Somerset County Council to see if they will start gritting again, after they stopped two years ago.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Jon Sevink from The Levellers to perform in Weston park
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston