Road repairs near Yatton to go ahead this year - official
NORTH Somerset Council s planning chief says road repairs in a North Somerset village will go ahead this year.
NORTH Somerset Council's planning chief says road repairs in a North Somerset village will go ahead this year.
Councillor Elfan Ap Rees says the work, due to be carried out on Claverham Road, which runs to Yatton, will take place during 2008.
Villager Wendy Griggs presented a petition asking for the repairs to be carried out before December at a meeting of the unitary authority's full council on Tuesday.
But executive member for strategic planning, highways and economic development, Cllr Ap Rees, said before the meeting: "Repairs to Claverham Road in Yatton have already been prioritised and scheduled for 2008 as part of this year's programme.
You may also want to watch:
"This information was provided to local councillors and the parish council last year."
Over a two-hour period 147 signatures were collected on the petition, which asks for the 'urgent' repair of Claverham Road.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 9 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare