Roadworks to see Weston road close for four nights
- Credit: Archant
A busy Weston road will be closed so roadworks can be carried out.
Winterstoke Road will shut for four nights, beginning on June 13.
North Somerset Council and Skanska engineers will review the road's condition and if other improvements are needed before resurfacing is carried out later in the year.
Its executive member for highways, James Tonkin, said: "Our teams have been in touch with businesses and homes to make sure the overnight road closures cause as little disruption as possible.
"There will be a clearly signed diversion route, but, anyone who is planning to travel in the area during the work may want to check out our roadworks website to help them plan their journey.
You may also want to watch:
"The nature of the testing work means the full closures are needed to keep our crews and the people who use the route safe."
The closure will run daily from 8pm-6am.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 7 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity