Roadworks to see Weston road close for four nights
- Credit: Archant
A busy Weston road will be closed so roadworks can be carried out.
Winterstoke Road will shut for four nights, beginning on June 13.
North Somerset Council and Skanska engineers will review the road's condition and if other improvements are needed before resurfacing is carried out later in the year.
Its executive member for highways, James Tonkin, said: "Our teams have been in touch with businesses and homes to make sure the overnight road closures cause as little disruption as possible.
"There will be a clearly signed diversion route, but, anyone who is planning to travel in the area during the work may want to check out our roadworks website to help them plan their journey.
You may also want to watch:
"The nature of the testing work means the full closures are needed to keep our crews and the people who use the route safe."
The closure will run daily from 8pm-6am.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 4 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions