Roadworks to see Weston road close for four nights
- Credit: Archant
A busy Weston road will be closed so roadworks can be carried out.
Winterstoke Road will shut for four nights, beginning on June 13.
North Somerset Council and Skanska engineers will review the road's condition and if other improvements are needed before resurfacing is carried out later in the year.
Its executive member for highways, James Tonkin, said: "Our teams have been in touch with businesses and homes to make sure the overnight road closures cause as little disruption as possible.
"There will be a clearly signed diversion route, but, anyone who is planning to travel in the area during the work may want to check out our roadworks website to help them plan their journey.
You may also want to watch:
"The nature of the testing work means the full closures are needed to keep our crews and the people who use the route safe."
The closure will run daily from 8pm-6am.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple