Roadworks begin on A370
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks will begin on the A370 today (Monday).
North Somerset Council will spend £76,000 on improving the road surface in two villages.
Main roads in Congresbury and Backwell will benefit from the work.
The roadworks will start in Congresbury’s Station Road this evening.
Temporary traffic lights will be in operation from 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
From tomorrow (Tuesday), attention will switch to Backwell’s West Town Road.
A night-time closure, from 8pm-5am, will be in operation for four days.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
A diversion route will be set up.
North Somerset Council’s deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees said: “We appreciate that, with Christmas coming, these roads may be busier than usual, but investment in repairs continues to be high on our agenda, and we remain committed to maintaining and improving roads across North Somerset.
“We would urge people to be patient while these essential works are carried out.”