Roadworks begin on A370
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks will begin on the A370 today (Monday).
North Somerset Council will spend £76,000 on improving the road surface in two villages.
Main roads in Congresbury and Backwell will benefit from the work.
The roadworks will start in Congresbury’s Station Road this evening.
Temporary traffic lights will be in operation from 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
From tomorrow (Tuesday), attention will switch to Backwell’s West Town Road.
A night-time closure, from 8pm-5am, will be in operation for four days.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
A diversion route will be set up.
North Somerset Council’s deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees said: “We appreciate that, with Christmas coming, these roads may be busier than usual, but investment in repairs continues to be high on our agenda, and we remain committed to maintaining and improving roads across North Somerset.
“We would urge people to be patient while these essential works are carried out.”