Roadworks begin on A370
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks will begin on the A370 today (Monday).
North Somerset Council will spend £76,000 on improving the road surface in two villages.
Main roads in Congresbury and Backwell will benefit from the work.
The roadworks will start in Congresbury’s Station Road this evening.
Temporary traffic lights will be in operation from 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
From tomorrow (Tuesday), attention will switch to Backwell’s West Town Road.
A night-time closure, from 8pm-5am, will be in operation for four days.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 9 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
A diversion route will be set up.
North Somerset Council’s deputy leader Elfan Ap Rees said: “We appreciate that, with Christmas coming, these roads may be busier than usual, but investment in repairs continues to be high on our agenda, and we remain committed to maintaining and improving roads across North Somerset.
“We would urge people to be patient while these essential works are carried out.”