Grand Pier to hold competition for Roald Dahl Day
- Credit: Archant
Weston-super-Mare’s Grand Pier is launching a competition to celebrate one of Britain’s favourite children’s authors.
To mark Roald Dahl Day on Thursday, the attraction is giving youngsters the chance to win £50 worth of book tokens and a family annual membership.
To enter, children must film a 10-second clip of them reading an extract from their favourite book by the author, who attended St Peter’s School in Weston from 1925-1929.
Michelle Michael, co-owner of the Grand Pier, said: “Children all over the world are familiar with Roald Dahl’s stories, either through the books or the many movies that have been made of them.
“To celebrate his links with Weston, we thought it would be great for children to film themselves reading a scene from their favourite Roald Dahl book.
“They might even want to dress up as a favourite character while they read from the book or might even want to act out a short scene.
“We want the children to use their imaginations.”
- 1 Man attacked with axe in Weston
- 2 WATCH: Cars get caught out by tide on Weston beach
- 3 Boat sinks off Weston coast
- 4 'Tragedy' as hundreds of fish die in Weston pond
- 5 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 7 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 8 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
- 9 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 10 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
The winning entry will be selected on September 27.
Entries can be uploaded to the Grand Pier’s Facebook page or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org