Roller disco lights up leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
Skating fans donned their elbow and knee pads ready for a fun-filled roller disco in Weston-super-Mare.
Toe Jam Roller Disco filled Hutton Moor Leisure Centre with music, lights and a limbo game as enthusiasts took to the floor for an afternoon of skating.
The family-run mobile roller business parks up in Weston once a month, attracting fans from across Somerset.
Nigel McLachlan, from Toe Jam Roller Disco, said: "Skating is a fun, energetic and positive way to socialise.
"With our friendly team of local volunteer marshals, we work hard to make everyone feel welcome and safe, teach the basics and share more advanced skills.
You may also want to watch:
"It's all about community - at roller disco, there's a feeling of togetherness which is almost tribal."
The disco is held at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on the last Saturday of the month from 5-6.30pm.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 9 Inadequate care home responds
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Entrance is £5.50, or £6.50 if you hire skates.