Roller disco lights up leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
Skating fans donned their elbow and knee pads ready for a fun-filled roller disco in Weston-super-Mare.
Toe Jam Roller Disco filled Hutton Moor Leisure Centre with music, lights and a limbo game as enthusiasts took to the floor for an afternoon of skating.
The family-run mobile roller business parks up in Weston once a month, attracting fans from across Somerset.
Nigel McLachlan, from Toe Jam Roller Disco, said: "Skating is a fun, energetic and positive way to socialise.
"With our friendly team of local volunteer marshals, we work hard to make everyone feel welcome and safe, teach the basics and share more advanced skills.
"It's all about community - at roller disco, there's a feeling of togetherness which is almost tribal."
The disco is held at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on the last Saturday of the month from 5-6.30pm.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 5 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 6 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 10 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
Entrance is £5.50, or £6.50 if you hire skates.