Roller disco lights up leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
Skating fans donned their elbow and knee pads ready for a fun-filled roller disco in Weston-super-Mare.
Toe Jam Roller Disco filled Hutton Moor Leisure Centre with music, lights and a limbo game as enthusiasts took to the floor for an afternoon of skating.
The family-run mobile roller business parks up in Weston once a month, attracting fans from across Somerset.
Nigel McLachlan, from Toe Jam Roller Disco, said: "Skating is a fun, energetic and positive way to socialise.
"With our friendly team of local volunteer marshals, we work hard to make everyone feel welcome and safe, teach the basics and share more advanced skills.
You may also want to watch:
"It's all about community - at roller disco, there's a feeling of togetherness which is almost tribal."
The disco is held at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on the last Saturday of the month from 5-6.30pm.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 4 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 5 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 6 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 7 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 10 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
Entrance is £5.50, or £6.50 if you hire skates.