Roller disco lights up leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
Skating fans donned their elbow and knee pads ready for a fun-filled roller disco in Weston-super-Mare.
Toe Jam Roller Disco filled Hutton Moor Leisure Centre with music, lights and a limbo game as enthusiasts took to the floor for an afternoon of skating.
The family-run mobile roller business parks up in Weston once a month, attracting fans from across Somerset.
Nigel McLachlan, from Toe Jam Roller Disco, said: "Skating is a fun, energetic and positive way to socialise.
"With our friendly team of local volunteer marshals, we work hard to make everyone feel welcome and safe, teach the basics and share more advanced skills.
You may also want to watch:
"It's all about community - at roller disco, there's a feeling of togetherness which is almost tribal."
The disco is held at Hutton Moor Leisure Centre on the last Saturday of the month from 5-6.30pm.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 8 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 9 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 10 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
Entrance is £5.50, or £6.50 if you hire skates.