Girl raises hundreds of pounds for hospice with hair cut
- Credit: Archant
A six-year-old has raised more than £500 for a Wraxall charity with a sponsored hair cut.
Romani Holland, who attends Haywood Village Academy in Weston, said she was inspired to raise the money ‘because I don’t like that the children are poorly, and I want to help them feel better’.
Her hair was also donated to the Little Princess Trust, so two charities benefited from her kind gesture.
Romani and her mum were given a tour of Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) when they handed over the cheque for £533.
CHSW community fundraiser, Kylie Gallagher, said: “They were able to see for themselves all the wonderful facilities we have here, including a spa pool, soft play, art room and sensory room.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as sampling the delicious cakes, Romani particularly enjoyed delving into the dressing up box where she selected a pretty bridesmaid dress to wear for the rest of the tour.”
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 5 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 8 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 9 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 10 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant