Girl raises hundreds of pounds for hospice with hair cut
- Credit: Archant
A six-year-old has raised more than £500 for a Wraxall charity with a sponsored hair cut.
Romani Holland, who attends Haywood Village Academy in Weston, said she was inspired to raise the money ‘because I don’t like that the children are poorly, and I want to help them feel better’.
Her hair was also donated to the Little Princess Trust, so two charities benefited from her kind gesture.
Romani and her mum were given a tour of Children’s Hospice South West (CHSW) when they handed over the cheque for £533.
CHSW community fundraiser, Kylie Gallagher, said: “They were able to see for themselves all the wonderful facilities we have here, including a spa pool, soft play, art room and sensory room.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as sampling the delicious cakes, Romani particularly enjoyed delving into the dressing up box where she selected a pretty bridesmaid dress to wear for the rest of the tour.”
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake