Plans to install wooden cabins at popular Somerset hotel
- Credit: Archant
Planning to install nine timber cabins at Rookery Manor has been submitted to Sedgemoor District Council.
The cabins will be accompanied by 10 car parking spaces if the plans are approved.
East Brent Parish Council gave its feedback to Sedgemoor through its planning website on Tuesday and stated the development will have ‘minimal impact on the surrounding area’.
The parish also claimed the parking allocated to just the cabins is ‘very dependent’ on a new roadway being constructed.
A spokesman for building surveyor P R Woolley said: “These units are set to be an attractive development and the cabins will fit in with the landscape of this area of Somerset countryside.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be seven cabins designated for holidaymakers and two will be permanently reserved for the hotel’s staff.
Sedgemoor is due to have the final say on whether the application is approved.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare