Plans to install wooden cabins at popular Somerset hotel
- Credit: Archant
Planning to install nine timber cabins at Rookery Manor has been submitted to Sedgemoor District Council.
The cabins will be accompanied by 10 car parking spaces if the plans are approved.
East Brent Parish Council gave its feedback to Sedgemoor through its planning website on Tuesday and stated the development will have ‘minimal impact on the surrounding area’.
The parish also claimed the parking allocated to just the cabins is ‘very dependent’ on a new roadway being constructed.
A spokesman for building surveyor P R Woolley said: “These units are set to be an attractive development and the cabins will fit in with the landscape of this area of Somerset countryside.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be seven cabins designated for holidaymakers and two will be permanently reserved for the hotel’s staff.
Sedgemoor is due to have the final say on whether the application is approved.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple