Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- Credit: Manor House Nursing Home
Rosa Ferrari didn't just make it to her 100th birthday - she has roared into it like a sports car that shares her name.
A resident at The Manor House nursing home in Weston, she celebrated her big day today (December 6) with staff, family and friends.
She began her morning with breakfast in bed, before being serenaded by staff and residents with a rousing chorus of 'Happy Birthday'.
Then, the new centenarian gave voice herself, with a singalong of Tom Jones' classic, Delilah.
Rosa received flowers, chocolates and cards - including one from Her Majesty the Queen - congratulating Rosa on making her century.
Family visited and Rosa was presented with two homemade birthday cakes and enjoyed her favourite cake - a fresh cream chocolate éclair.
As the weather was dry, Rosa was joined by family and friends outside the home for another round of 'Happy Birthday' and glasses of Prosecco were raised by all to toast 'Mama Rosa' as she is affectionately known.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 4 Fire crews tackle chimney blaze
- 5 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 6 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 7 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 8 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31