PICTURES: Rotary fair held at Weston Hotel
- Credit: Archant
Westonians got in the festive spirit last weekend, picking up some stocking fillers while raising money for worthy causes.
Weston Rotary Club hosted its Christmas fair at The Royal Hotel on November 16 as a healthy crowd gathered to enjoy a raffle, tombola and a wide range of stalls.
Weston RNLI had a stall, selling a selection of merchandise to raise cash to support its life-saving efforts.
The Rotaty club manned a stall, which featured a massive pile of stuffed toys.
Carol Schubert, Carol Leaver and Lynn Simms of West Woodspring Inner Wheel also had a popular stall, which offered up a range of festive delights including wine, chocolates and preserves.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fair said: "We had a very successful day and raised a very worthwhile amount for our charities, The Weston Stroke Association and Weston Hospicecare."
- 1 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 4 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 5 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 6 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 7 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare