PICTURES: Rotary fair held at Weston Hotel
- Credit: Archant
Westonians got in the festive spirit last weekend, picking up some stocking fillers while raising money for worthy causes.
Weston Rotary Club hosted its Christmas fair at The Royal Hotel on November 16 as a healthy crowd gathered to enjoy a raffle, tombola and a wide range of stalls.
Weston RNLI had a stall, selling a selection of merchandise to raise cash to support its life-saving efforts.
The Rotaty club manned a stall, which featured a massive pile of stuffed toys.
Carol Schubert, Carol Leaver and Lynn Simms of West Woodspring Inner Wheel also had a popular stall, which offered up a range of festive delights including wine, chocolates and preserves.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the fair said: "We had a very successful day and raised a very worthwhile amount for our charities, The Weston Stroke Association and Weston Hospicecare."
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree