PICTURES: Annual dog show raises £1k for animal charity
- Credit: Archant
Families flocked to Weston’s Beach Lawns to attend RSPCA North Somerset’s annual dog show this month.
The animal centre, based in Brent Knoll, raised a healthy £1,000 at the event on August 4.
Awards for best puppy, happiest rescue dog and best young handler were up for grabs.
A dachshund puppy, pugs, shih tzus and cockapoo breeds all competed for prizes on the day.
Event organiser Rita Hinton said: "I don't think a lot of people realise, but the Brent Knoll branch is entirely self-funded, so events like this are key for us.
You may also want to watch:
"We provide the running costs to keep the centre going, and overall we feel the show went very well."
Weston saw a plethora of events take place at the weekend, including a dairy festival and vegan fair, which may explain the lower turnout at the show than planned.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 9 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
The money raised will go towards Brent Knoll's welfare work and helping people with low incomes to pay-off their veterinary bills.