Rudely awoken by a dustman
RESIDENTS in Banwell were rudely awoken by a dustman over the Christmas period.
RESIDENTS in Banwell were 'rudely awoken by a dustman' over the Christmas period.
An over-zealous Biffa staff member woke villagers after starting his 'green box' collection round early.
North Somerset councillor Tim Marter, who lives in High Street, was woken by his intruder alarm, which had been activated by the recycling collector, at around 6.45am on December 29.
Cllr Marter said: "It was a rude awakening by the dustman, but I know he was just trying to get his round over and done with."
You may also want to watch:
A Biffa spokesman said: "I would like to apologise to residents of Banwell and especially to the councillor whose alarm system was activated.
"I have issued a memo to all staff explaining what happened and instructing them not to leave the depot before 7am.
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Jon Sevink from The Levellers to perform in Weston park
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston