Rugby club members abseil to raise money for charity
MORE than 120 rugby club members abseiled down Burrington Comb, near Burrington, to raise money for the International Children s Trust (ICT).
MORE than 120 rugby club members abseiled down Burrington Comb, near Burrington, to raise money for the International Children's Trust (ICT).
Men, women and children from Winscombe Rugby Football Club carried out five descents of Goatchurch Cavern, with the help of Mendip Outdoor Pursuits, on Sunday.
Club member John Suik organised the event. He said: "I was approached by the ICT to help them raise money and I thought it would be a novel idea.
"For some members the descent proved a bit of a challenge, especially the larger forwards when they tried to reach the end of the 'drainpipe' section of the cave."
You may also want to watch:
Those doing the descent, and also other members that weren't, were asked to raise as much money as money as they could to go towards the ICT, a charity that works in a number of countries helping children to reintegrate into society.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 6 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
- 7 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers