How to take part in this year’s Samarathon
- Credit: Matthew Erskine
Here is the chance to put those lockdown gym sessions to the test in aid of charity.
Weston and North Somerset Samaritans is urging people to sign up for this year’s Samarathon challenge.
The fundraiser will involve walking, jogging or running 26.2 miles over the course of July, virtually.
Volunteer Matthew Erskine has signed up to take part in the Samarathon and will be completing the challenge across road, grass, sand and sea.
Matthew said: “I’m calling it the quarter pounder.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a marathon you can twist and shape to run your own way.”
Samaritans branch director Andy said: “During this pandemic, our charity shop has been closed and fundraising activities cancelled so funds raised will be vital in helping us continue to help those struggling to cope.”
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
Last year Samaritans received more than 15,000 calls in Weston and North Somerset.
To sign up for the Samarathon, log on to www.samaritans.org/samarathon