Charity shops opens in Weston-super-Mare High Street
- Credit: Sub
Weston’s newest charity shop has opened for business.
The Weston and North Somerset Samaritans has a High Street presence after months of planning and major building refurbishment.
The shop is the final stage in a project which has also seen the charity's operations room move from the first floor to the ground floor of the High Street building which it has occupied since 1984.
The charity, which offers around-the-clock support for people in distress or despair, has full disabled access for volunteers and the public.
Deputy director of the Weston branch, Holly Cole, said: "We have a valuable corner position on the High Street near Grove Park and we hope our new venture will be well supported.
You may also want to watch:
"The shop will provide valuable funds to help keep our branch open."
The shop is open six days a week from 10am-4pm selling books, clothes and bric-a-brac.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 New principal appointed at academy
- 3 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half