Charity shops opens in Weston-super-Mare High Street
- Credit: Sub
Weston’s newest charity shop has opened for business.
The Weston and North Somerset Samaritans has a High Street presence after months of planning and major building refurbishment.
The shop is the final stage in a project which has also seen the charity's operations room move from the first floor to the ground floor of the High Street building which it has occupied since 1984.
The charity, which offers around-the-clock support for people in distress or despair, has full disabled access for volunteers and the public.
Deputy director of the Weston branch, Holly Cole, said: "We have a valuable corner position on the High Street near Grove Park and we hope our new venture will be well supported.
You may also want to watch:
"The shop will provide valuable funds to help keep our branch open."
The shop is open six days a week from 10am-4pm selling books, clothes and bric-a-brac.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 8 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 9 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston