Charity shops opens in Weston-super-Mare High Street
- Credit: Sub
Weston’s newest charity shop has opened for business.
The Weston and North Somerset Samaritans has a High Street presence after months of planning and major building refurbishment.
The shop is the final stage in a project which has also seen the charity's operations room move from the first floor to the ground floor of the High Street building which it has occupied since 1984.
The charity, which offers around-the-clock support for people in distress or despair, has full disabled access for volunteers and the public.
Deputy director of the Weston branch, Holly Cole, said: "We have a valuable corner position on the High Street near Grove Park and we hope our new venture will be well supported.
You may also want to watch:
"The shop will provide valuable funds to help keep our branch open."
The shop is open six days a week from 10am-4pm selling books, clothes and bric-a-brac.
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 9 Weston vets wins two awards
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston